Friday, December 31, 2021

A Completely New Way to Count Blessings!



Nature's Smile by Jessica Novak

Thought I might share this, for those who might be interested in trying it. My beloved Celestial daughter was much on my mind and in my heart these past few months (January 9th is her transition day). And this came to me, I think she helped to send it to me XO! It's one of the ways she helps me to find myself again : )

So I was enjoying looking at our lovely Christmas tree before going to bed last night, knowing we'd take it down today and remembering all the lovely trees we've had over the years. And a thought came to me: What if I could walk through a forest of all the beautiful, sparkly, beloved Christmas trees we've had over all the years?

And then my imagination took over and I had some real FUN! I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down what was streaming through my mind, and came up with what I call 

Counting My Blessings:
What I'll Do When I Get To My Heaven

(Because Heaven is a place, to me, where imagination is unlimited and comes with immediate results, and I'll need plenty of stuff to do, right? So I wrote this little list, and after I looked over it, I realized it was like capturing some of the most beautiful blessings I've experienced in life, and being able to do them in a new way, without the limitations we experience on Earth. What FUN!)

  • I'll walk through a forest of all the Christmas trees I ever had all dressed up in their ornaments and lights.
  • I'll walk through a camp, stopping to visit every campfire I've ever sat next to, and talk with the people there who spent time with me.
  • I'll visit every waterfall I've ever seen and sit by each one as long as I like, with the person of my choice.
  • I'll walk through a forest of every tree I've ever climbed and climb each one as many times as I like, like a monkey, no fear of falling, lol.
  • I'll go to each high place I've ever visited and enjoy the beautiful views again.
  • I'll walk on the beach with every animal I've loved and play and run, and sit and cuddle with them, all my pups and kitties and some horses too, and maybe even bears because I just love bears.
  • I'll sit on every porch I've ever visited and chat with my friends or tell stories again.
  • I'll visit with every artist I've ever admired and watch them create.
  • I'll put on each of my favorite outfits I've ever had and prance around in them, remembering how good they felt to wear, no matter how old I was.
  • I'll hold hands in a big circle with all the people I ever loved.
  • I'll replay every time I ever danced and feel the joy of it again.
  • I'll meet each artist who ever made something that delighted me and listen to their story about it.
  • I'll re-experience every loving kiss I've ever given or gotten.
  • I'll peek in and watch my Lovies as they received any gift I ever gave them that they loved.
  • I'll re-experience that first bite of every food that delighted my senses.
  • I'll re-experience every hug that ever made me feel loved.
  • I'll replay every time I laughed.
  • I'll hold hands with myself at each age of my life, a big circle of my selves at each year of my life.
  • I'll re-watch every sunrise I've ever seen and feel the hope and beauty in each new day.
  • I'll re-experience each of Nature's storms that made me feel so much more than alive.
  • I'll spend as much time as I like smelling all my favorite fragrances again, including my dog, who smells like brownies and marigolds, and my favorite wild roses that smell like spicy pepper.
  • I'll enjoy every twilight I've ever loved, when the sun turns the Earth to gold and the fireflies come out.
  • I'll listen again to every time someone told me I love you and every time I told another I love you.

This was a really fun exercise. Try it and though your list will be different, I bet you'll find it makes you feel really good inside! It's a great way to close out this year and welcome the New Year XO!

Namaste,
~Jen



 

7 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Jen,

    What a wonderful post! I really enjoyed reading your list. You have a great imagination, filled with love and insight. Thank you for sharing. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got posted twice. Thank you my lovely friend, for your delight!

      Delete
  3. All of the hugs and all of the I love yous all over again plus all of the delights of the Earth. This is phenomenal my friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful, creative journey in your new life. I imagine you can't wait! I've bookmarked your blog to read more. I love how some years you wrote a lot and some years not much which feels very authentic to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marla : ) I love to write. Usually it comes on like a sort of inspiration being downloaded fast into my mind. I can't not do it when that feeling comes. Sometimes I'm doing other things, like artwork, and that's why there are spaces and my posts are not too regular. Thank you for saying it feels authentic.

      Delete