Friday, May 12, 2023

Yes, WOW, the SHOW!!

 

Kind of phallic eh? Yep, that's where life "comes" from.
No pun intended, but sweet and amusing nonetheless.
Photo by Sweet Jess

The SHOW at State College Framing Company and Gallery was WONDERFUL for so many reasons!!

I'll put up some photos of my part here, and will post some more of the partee itself, which was so much fun, and wow I met so many wonderful people plus saw some I hadn't seen for quite a while, especially during the Covid times.

Jessica's Introduction Wall 

We had several artists exhibiting at the same time, plus two book authors doing signings, so the audience was mixed and there was so MUCH for them to experience. It was a really nice exhibit because the audience really did mix and they really did look at all the magnificent creations and the talk, as I experienced it, was largely related to the various sections of the exhibit, which is refreshing, as I've been to gallery shows in California where all they talked about was themselves or gossip around town and no one looked at the ART!
 
2nd wall walking through Jess's photo exhibit.

 

Jessica's photos are interesting. What was fascinating was talking with people viewing them and hearing their interpretations. The one on the left is a very powerful image of a woman in chains, red and black. When I was working at the Gallery with Jeff, who helped me choose the frames, he said, "I think most of us know what it feels like to be chained in some way," and I said, "Yep, Tears for Fears has a song about that and it has always been very special to me." We agreed that we both just love Tears for Fears. If you're not familiar with their music, definitely check it out.

Then later I was talking with a woman who decided to buy a print of that photo. She described to me that to her it means "freedom in motion." And it was fascinating to me that she could feel freedom despite the chains, but she said, you see the movement...she's not trapped, she's moving, and expressing who she is in that moment, not necessarily trapped or forced at all. Wow, I loved hearing that interpretation, especially as the quote that was chosen from Jess's books to go with this photo is, "We're just spirits be-in human." Jess taught me so many things in our book, Letters from Celestial Jess, Afterlife Messages from My Daughter.

Each of the photos in the exhibit has a quote to go with it from one of the books, Coming Alive after Death, Recovery from Grief, and Letters from Celestial Jess, rather than a simple "image title." So going through the exhibit is rather inspiring as you read the quotes and view the world through her eyes, as well as your own. Who knows what stories the images will tell?

It'll be up through about the first week of June or so. Go explore the Gallery, best ever place in town for framing and special photo needs. Thank you to John McQueary, and Jeff, and Kevin for your guidance and talents. I'll be back for more project work on the book illustrations. 

THANK YOU to all who attended and all who took the time to chat with me and buy our books, and all the other wonderful artists, I felt in such good company!

Namaste,

~Jen



 

 





 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment