Sunday, July 26, 2015

Heaven and Earth Green Agate Cabochon Statement Necklace

Gorgeous green agate cabochon
My two favorite colors are blue and green, the best colors of Heaven and Earth.

One night while I was playing in my cabochons, I got this vision in mind of an upside-down triangle shape and the polished, glossy, green agate cabochon jumped into my fingers, saying "Pick me! Pick me!"

So I did, and this necklace is what came about. 


Heaven and Earth
The cab is surrounded by peyote stitched iridescent purply-blue seed beads in sizes 11/0 and 15/0. This necklace wanted lots of texture, so the beautiful iridescent purply-blue bugle beads called to me. They surround the cab and spread out into a nice winged pattern. And I went nuts with the fringe : )


Texture with tube beads and drop stitch seed beads
I love the texture of stop-stitch, though it takes a long time, and wanted to pull out the colors in the agate cab as well as the contrasting darker colors, so chose a soft creamy pale green, a translucent forest green, an iridescent green with a bit of gold, and darker blue-purple seed beads in 11/0 to fill in the spaces on both sides and across the top.

This piece looks best at a much shorter length than I'm used to, so I designed a simple necklace that includes Swarovski crystal beads, Czech crystal beads, and seed beads. It's strung on 6 lb FireLine, and I went through each strand twice, so it has 24 lbs of strength, which will hold up nicely for a very long time.


Lobster clasp
And it has a sterling lobster clasp. I had considered doing a really beautiful toggle clasp, but didn't want it to tangle in long hair, so this one worked out nicely. Quality is excellent - it includes silver wire guards so the threading material is protected from rubbing against the jump rings.

The back is finished in soft blue ultrasuede.




Cabochon embroidered part is 2 and 3/4 inches wide by 3 and 1/8 inches long.

Necklace is about 14 inches, so it sits just above the collarbone.

20 hours with lots of Annie Lenox--don't you just love her music and her ethic--and three old-time corny Sandra Dee and Judy Garland classics : )

Heaven and Earth is available in my Dreamkeeper Creations shop in Etsy. 

I put it on as soon as I finished it, to test and see how things lay when you're moving about. I'm becoming really fond of it, so might just have to make another one for me!

Detail
Thanks for visiting!

Namaste,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment