Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cosmic Surfer Beaded Cuff Bracelet

Cosmic Surfer Bracelet
Thought you'd like an update on the Cosmic Surfer beaded bracelet. It's about halfway done, and yesterday I had a chance to pick up some lovely soft suede for the backing. This Dreamkeeper Creation will go into the Green Drake Gallery when it's finished.


Little Troll Magnet
I got a bit distracted from Cosmic Surfer bracelet this weekend because my clay was calling me. I spent some relaxing time making this crazy wild little Troll Magnet. His face is made of Sculpey clay, baked, and his eyes are tiny green seed beads. I painted his face with several soft washes of acrylic paint, gave it a coat of Dura Varnish, and popped in a tuft of Tibetan lamb's wool for hair. He chose a carved bone bead for his earring and some colorful crow beads for his hair. He's a happy little guy who twinkles at me from the fridge whenever I'm in the kitchen.
Faber Castell COLORS!

Today I'll spend a bit of time sparkling up the house and then I may not be able to resist playing with my new pastels for a while. They are an irresistible present from my husband for our anniversary. I could also say they were a present from my irresistible husband for our anniversary : )

Here are a couple of the photos I'm considering using as a reference - which one should I choose?
A gorgeous rose
A fluffy hibiscus blossom
Calendar country
Eventually I'll do them all, but I'm considering the challenges in each one. With the flowers it's the colors and the layering that will make them sing. I did a series of roses years ago and adore the shapes of the petals - though a rose is a rose, no two are alike, but they're all beautiful. With the landscape the challenge, and joy, will be in the colors that hide in the clouds and sparkle over the land. I love this land.

This is going to be fun. My first foray back into pastels in about 30 years. I've missed them so I'll be happy to be again working with those stunning pigments.

Happy Sunday, happy creating!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment