Friday, September 20, 2013

Wow I'm loving this new style of beaded cabochon necklace!

New beaded cabochon necklace
I bought some exquisite cabochons - which are flat sided large beads or clay faces or dichroic jewels, and have started to make some beautiful necklaces with them. Wow it's so much fun! These are one of a kind pieces - no one else will have anything like it.

This one is about two inches long at this point. She's glued onto Lacy's Stiff Stuff which takes the beading like magic. She'll have beading all over the white part, a really nice border, some gorgeous fringe, and a braided seed bead necklace. She'll be a long necklace, somewhere between 24 and 30 inches depending on what seems to work best.

She'll go to the Green Drake Gallery for sale in a couple of weeks, one of my higher ticket items. So far I've put in about 4 hours, and it'll be a lot more til she's done. Time very well spent - yay! 

You know what I'm doing for the next several days...and I am looking forward to making some more for you - these are really special. Let me know what you think!

Namaste!

Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment