Saturday, September 22, 2018

How he LOVES me!

Spiffy Bunny this week!
So the theme of my house is mostly nature - everything is plants, animals, rocks, gemstones, crystals, and things like that. When I came upon this kitschy rabbit vase in a silly catalog one day, I just fell in love with it, and my husband said he'd get it for me for Christmas. It was August.

The big box arrived on the porch and we took it into the kitchen and unpacked it to make sure it had traveled safely, and while I was exclaiming about it and falling in love with it all over the place, my husband quietly removed the packaging and bundled it all out to the trash. He knew it wasn't going back in the box 'til December!

So I put it on the dining room table and we went out and got some flowers to put in there. Each week or 10 days, Bunny sports a new bouquet.

Today it's fragrant white stock with some plumey, fluffy purple stuff. Adorable!!

While I was doing the Bunny bath at the sink I told my husband that I was terribly afraid I'd break this vase. It's tricky to pick up, but I've got that down, and it's tricky to get into the sink without hitting the ears so I have to move the faucet out of the way. I can do that. So he said to me, "Do you need a Bunny backup?"

And I laughed because we both know this reminds us of the time when my Mom moved from the big house in New Jersey to her little condo here in town, and when we cleaned out the pantry she had 9, count 'em, NINE jars of hard sauce, which she used to serve with dessert only on holidays. Some of them were several years old. Out they went, but the story of her having nine of them never went, it gets told and retold. And whenever anyone in my family buys two of something we tease and ask if they're sure they don't need maybe seven more. It's called "Hard Sauce Syndrome," and we all got it from Mom. HA!

So I said to my wonderful hubby, "No, darling, you don't have to buy me a backup, if I can live without my daughter (because she died) I can live if I break the Bunny."

He declared, "But I can fix this!" And he strode into his study and pulled up the receipt from when he first ordered Bunny and did it again!! Yes! Bunny will have a brother!

Rob said to me, "When his brother arrives, we'll take it out of the box to make sure he's traveled safely, then we'll pop him back in, and you won't have to be afraid that you will break his brother."

I think this man really loves me. Wow. I'm over the moon with this man! Thank you Robert Dale XO!

He has a brother coming! WOOT!
May we all be so lucky to have Earth Angels in our lives this way. Truly, it is these little, sweet things that touch my heart. I feel very blessed.

I don't know how long the link will last, but if you have a hankering for a Bunny of your very own, right now you can find one here - https://www.signals.com/?action=DETAIL&ITEM=HX3826&rrec=true You might just want to pick up a couple, lol.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment