Saturday, July 8, 2023

New Spin on Traditional Mala

It's a busy month for me, and I've finished another commissioned mala. This one is a departure from the traditional bead pattern I use, which, of course incorporates the traditional 108 prayer beads. This one also has the 108, but this person wanted particular energies from several kinds of gemstones. So I stepped slightly out of the box, using 12 different kinds of gemstones for the 108, and gave it 9 rounds. It was so much fun, and I got good goosebumps when it was finished. WOOT! How did I do?

Lots of wonderful energies in this mala!

Close-up of the beautiful shooting star bead,
which is the teacher bead on the mala.

This is one of the magnificent shooting star beads made by my favorite bead artists, Barbara and Katie in Edinburgh, Scotland. There are two accent beads: carnelian, and onyx.

Quality in attention to detail : )

Here you can see the matching pattern of the sides. (Please excuse my working mat which gets a lot of wear and tear....)

TA DA!!

And there she is, her playful self! Sooooo MUCH good energy in this one! I hope it brings comfort, strength, and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment