Friday, July 12, 2013

ArtFest Weekend!

Let Your Light Shine!
It's ArtFest Weekend in State College, and that always gets me kicking up my heels! The weather is midsummer hot and steamy, there's bluesy music downtown at all hours, and artsy people everywhere, YAY!

We'll go eat some good food and check out the sidewalk chalk paintings, walk around soaking up all the creativity, and have an ice cold beer to top it off. Fun times!

I always get very inspired around ArtFest Weekend, though for the past couple of years I've been doing artwork constantly, so I feel more in flow with this river of creativity now. This little painting started out with abstract background colors, then I looked at the flow of paint to see what type of creature was waiting to be brought out. She's a moxy, foxy little sprite, who's tossed all her inhibitions away in the heat of her celebrative moment. She's celebrating life. Sometimes that calls for fishnet stockings. Make sure to break yours out once in a while....

Namaste,
Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment