Friday, April 27, 2018

My Favorite Thing

This is my favorite thing right now.
Did you ever see such a thing? No, I hadn't either, when I came upon this little bird wearing a huge crown, in the clock store in Millheim. It so delighted me that I kept coming back to it, and not only did I buy one for myself; I also bought one for a good friend.

Why?

Because it brings to mind the saying "only the meek shall inherit the Earth," - and though I don't subscribe to any religion, being quite spiritually based, I do carry in my heart some of the golden threads that weave through all the religions.

This little bird delights me because it does not know it's wearing a crown. It is a "common" bird, and doesn't even know it's royalty. It walks softly upon the earth, taking only what is needed, and sings the trees awake in spring, and me awake in the morning. It has lots and lots of friends.

It has no ego. And that is the very reason why it is crowned and can wear the crown gracefully, absolutely born to it.

It knows nothing of power. Only of belonging. Sharing. Flying high into the sky, into the forest and among the sun dappled branches of the trees. It mates for life.

It is royalty itself. So humble and so beautiful!  So I brought it home simply because it delights me to think of these things.

Inspiration
I have a fairly big desk and I like to put things on it that inspire me. So this is where my little sparrow lives, among candles and tiny oil lamps and a Cirque du Soleil doll who is standing on a golden ball. Cirque employs the biggest of the best human beings on this planet, and I just love their shows. The music is always excellent and the things they can do with their bodies are just jaw-droppingly amazing. Plus the organization itself does marvelous things for the planet and the well-being of the people. Best show on Earth besides Brazilian Rhapsody.

I think it's fun to figure out why I buy some things, especially in this era of not glomming up the planet with junk. I love to support artists, and I do not know who designed this little bird, but I wish them a good day every day for the joy they've brought me.

My little, humble, royal sparrow. The thing I love best is he has no idea how truly great he is. Nice.

Namaste,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment